Monday, January 14, 2008

Trials and Transitions...

We have been working in the last few days to get Keatyn to go to bed in her bed and not in ours. She doesn't sleep with us, but we had helped her create a habit of falling asleep in our bed and then we would move her to her bed. It was very convenient in getting her to fall asleep, but what was not so convienent was the waking up and not going back to sleep unless one of us was in her bed with her. Soooooo we decided that before baby Addilyn gets here in April that we would try to create some better habits. WOW! Here I am only six days later and Keatyn is doing very good. The first night we did our ritual of reading books, breathing treatment, praying and then I stepped out of the room. Easier said than done! Keatyn came out of her room and was absolutely pitiful. I decided that instead of me just praying on my own, I would pray out loud over her to encourage her to rest and for her to hear me making my request. It was an amazing and spiritual moment for me, because I watched her peacefully fall asleep. I know as most of us do that our Heavenly Father cares about even the nights of sleep that we don't get as parents, but it was in that moment that I felt his protection and his peace in my parenting. Keatyn is growing up so fast and I want to be certain that Stephen and I are doing our part to lead her in a way that sets her up for a life of chasing after the father. Even if those moments are wrapped up in the learning of independence.

I praise God this week for milestones and rejoicing in the fact that not only is she falling asleep in her own bed, but she has also become miss independent in the ways of potty time. We are all about the potty in all aspects! It's the small things in life that truly make you smile!!!!!

1 comments:

One of them Youngs... said...

That sweet post makes me want to cry! The days of exhaustion are worth the years of peace when it comes to sleep habits that is for sure! And congrats with the potty training...it's only the best toddler milestone I believe!!! I miss you and am so glad I get to peek into your life at least with a blog :)