Sunday, November 11, 2007

Christmas is in the Air!







Really it's more about us being busy every weekend and needing to stay excited about our decorating. We decided to put up our Christmas decor this weekend. We turned on the Amy Grant Christmas CD and a little Barry Manelow and decided to get started. Keatyn is a little more curious this year and wants to "help". I kept the sad spoon close by just in case there was a glass Christmas ball or a Nativity animal that she couldn't keep her hands off of. Thankfully, I only had to use words. She LOVES the Christmas decor and in her own words "Christmas is beautiful!" I know this will be a wonderful time this year and we will really enjoy her and her amazement. There is something about this time of year. I love the smells outside, the yummy food, the lights on the tree, my 2 year old, shopping, and most of all, I love to watch Keatyn "hold" Mary and baby Jesus and see her eyes light up. I am always very reflective during this time of year and I truly stop and think about EVERYTHING I have to be thankful for. First and foremost, I have a husband who loves me and leads this family toward Christ, I have a beautiful daughter who, though embodies two right now, lights up my life, I have a family that supports and loves me and I have friends who make me laugh and lift me up. Whether it is now or July, I am thankful for all that I have been given and I pray that I do not take it for granted.



HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!

2 comments:

Nicole kraus said...

Cute decorations! I love Christmas too, and can't wait to put up my tree...oh wait I did that two weeks ago. Oh well, I love Christmas what can I say.

Corrie said...

I need to understand what the sad spoon is...