Monday, February 25, 2008

Whirlwind...maybe!?

Well, last Sunday afternoon we were spending time in Lindale (as we often do) and got a phone call from a Longview friend. He said he wanted to know if he could give our number to a couple from a church here who had been house hunting for quite some time. Of course we said yes, because we knew that very soon we would be putting a sign in our yard. The guy called Stephen a couple of hours later and wanted to see the house as soon as possible. A little overwhelmed with a house not quiet "show ready", we said we could let them come see the house Sunday night. Let me take a little detour for a second. In conversation, Stephen figured out that the guy and his wife had just finished an internship at Northwood, the church that my uncle pastors and that we did our internship at before we moved to Longview. They had been to Vietnam and shared that experience with us. Small world! At this point in the conversation, we began to see God's provisions in this situation. Ok, so back to the story, the couple came to see our house and called Monday morning to say that they wanted to put a contract on the house and wanted to move in ASAP. WOW!!!!! We set a closing date of March 31st.

At this point in the story those of you who are counting along with me are beginning to wonder about the fact that I am due mid April...oh yes, we will close on our house and move in with my parents, I will drive into Longview for two weeks until my last day (April 11th). Then I will drive back to Longview on the 16th of April to have a c-section. Just writing this overwhelms me a bit...we are in the process of deciding on what comes next. We feel almost certain that Lindale is our next stop, but knowing if we want to build or buy is still way up in the air.

Sooooooo.......if you have a second, please stop and whisper a small prayer for us. We are more than certain that all of this is God sent. We will be relieved of a great burden of debt and this will ensure that I will be able to stay at home next year. We are thrilled that this has happened the way it has. And we know in our hearts that ALL things happen with great purpose and HIS plan is so much greater than ours.

4 comments:

KF said...

Beth!!! I TOTALLY get it and promise, you'll be fine!!! We graduated seminary in CA on Dec 15, moved to TX two days later, 9 months pregnant, had a c-section on Jan 12 and closed on our house exactly one week later!!!! It was fine and made the end of the pregnancy go by so quickly (which is welcomed!!!) Logan regressed a little with the move and new baby but that's normal and your heart will tune in easily to giving extra love when needed!! Lord, may your peace be evident, your love overflowing, and your path made known!!!

lesley shanholtz said...

WOW!!! What a blessing. I will be praying for you! That is sooo cool that you get to be closer to Kathrine and your kids can grow up together. I am still praying for Stacey a husband for 1, some nieces and nephews for me, and for her to realize Lindale is way cooler than Dallas. Just remember when you get stressed with or overwhelmed what Brother Denny said "God is Good all the time....all the time God is Good!!!" Lesley(Welch)Shanholtz

Summers said...

So happy God took things by the horns. He knows when we need a shove, because if you didn't do it now, when would you have done it? After the baby was born, months from now? Uh...I love how He knows us and what we need. I am SO happy that you are seeing evidence of Him in your life right now, even if it is a little hairy. He will provide it all, and the way it has happened should give you strength and peace. I will pray for that. : )

Becky said...

Beth, it has been SO long since we've talked but I have been keeping tabs on you through your blog - and you didn't even know it! :-) I LOVE this story and I love seeing God's provision. How awesome. I know he will provide you all you need to get through this whirlwind. I just started a blog for my baby girl - Jorja Mae. You should stop by... www.jorjajones.blogspot.com

Anyway, I am thrilled for you and Stephen and your 2 girls! God is so faithful and has never left you yet I know he won't start now. I still have the same hotmail address so shoot me an email and let me know more details of your lives! I would love to get "re-acquianted" - it has been too long!