Sunday, July 17, 2011

Seriously...we had a deal...

Seriously...we had a deal...I was going to pinch and save and pay for my very own laptop computer.  I had asked my family to just give money for my birthday because I had my sights set on this computer.  I even told Stephen to skip the gift giving because I might want to tap into those cash resources to speed along the saving process (wink, wink).  Well, if any of you know my husband you know that he LOVES to give gifts and he's really thoughtful in doing so.  Well, this birthday was no less!  He surprised me, broke the rules of the deal and bought me the MacBook Pro for my birthday.  I have to be honest in saying that I felt a little guilty.  I felt guilty because I know him well enough to know that I should have kept my plans to myself.  I should not have told him that I was planning to use my "birthday money" on the computer.  I should have known that he wouldn't let this gift slip by!  I am grateful because I'm sitting here now, in my bedroom, in my bed typing this blog post on my very own computer.  

I am so thankful to my family for giving me this gift.  It's one of those gifts that was strictly a WANT on my part.  I am grateful!

0 comments: