Thursday, September 4, 2008

Quiet Time...

Does it exist anymore...? This morning I took Keatyn to dayschool at FBC, which she LOVES. She is going to be my gal that loves the social life...I'm afraid. I was that way and I know what it sometimes got me...that's another blog though! Anyway, I ran my errands with Addilyn in tow and then came home put her down for her nap and came downstairs. There was a weird sound...wait, there was only the sound of the icemaker on the refridgerator and the a/c clicking on. Yes, folks, I am sitting in complete silence. Silence is something that I don't get much these days...it's either the chatter of my children, the stitching of our embroidery machine, or the noise that comes with living with two young children, a husband and two other grown adults. I appreciate every aspect of my life in this season, so I'm not saying these things as a complaint by any means, I am just realizing as I sit here with my homemade sandwich, hot pickles and my blog, that these moments of silence are rare. I am appreciating that I have ears to hear the noises around me everyday and that I have been blessed with all those things in my life. I am appreciating that my daughter loves school and that my infant is a great sleeper and a really happy baby. I am appreciating that in this season in my life I am sitting at my parents' kitchen table(LOL!) for lunch because I am staying at home. That is what this blog is truly about. Silence is golden, but I hope that I can always stop to appreciate the noise when a time of silence and reflection falls upon me.

a short prayer...Thank you Lord for this season in my life and thank you that I have had seasons that were different than this one so that today I can appreciate TODAY!

stopping to think and ponder...Beth

1 comments:

Angie Werley said...

Hey Beth! It has been FOREVER! I have to confess to you that I have been blog-stalking you guys for a while now. :) Your two girls are absolutely beautiful! I love that things are going great for your sweet family. I completely can relate to this blog entry! The quiet moments at our house are few and far between these days. I would love to talk soon and catch up. You have always been a blessing to my life and now it has been through this blog! Tell Stephen that Andrew and I say hi!